Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cookies

Now that Fall is right around the corner I find myself craving everything that has to do with pumpkins.  Today I got my fix and made up some comforting gooey cookies.  I haven't made these cookies since going vegan and learning about the strange ingredients in a lot of pre-packaged foods.  Thanks to Food Fight! Grocery and Wholesome Chow I was finally able to re-create this favorite Fall treat of mine, without worrying about what scary ingredients were lurking in my cookies.











  • 1 can of pumpkin puree (do not buy pumpkin pie mix in a can, just pumpkin puree)
  • 1 bag of Wholesome Chow's Chai Spiced Cake Mix
  • 1/2 a bag, or a few handfuls of your favorite vegan chocolate chips.

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
Do not follow the instructions on the back of your cake mix bag.  Simply empty the bag of cake mix and your can of pumpkin puree in a mixing bowl.  Combine together well with a stiff spatula, once combined fold in your chocolate chips.
Take a spoon full of the batter and place on cookie sheet.  These guys are usually done in about 12 minutes for me, but time may vary for your oven.  

The end result is a thick cake like cookie that has the flavors of Fall in a bite!   


No comments:

Post a Comment